FRIENDSOFWISDOM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

FRIENDSOFWISDOM Home

FRIENDSOFWISDOM  May 2006

FRIENDSOFWISDOM May 2006

What next?

Richard Trowbridge <[log in to unmask]>

Group concerned that academia should seek and promote wisdom <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 May 2006 21:02:08 -0400

Hi Nick and all:

Good thoughts, I like the mission statement. As I understand a vision
statement, it is a description of the promised land, as far as the
organization sees it.

The proposed vision statement,  "We wish to help humanity learn how to
create a better world" could be more direct, and a bit more specific,
something like "The vision of the Friends of Wisdom is A world that
prioritizes wisdom, wisdom being understood as the capacity to realize what
is of value in life, for oneself and others." The definition could then be
omitted from the mission statement.

Best regards,
Richard
www.flourishingearth.org
   All people will be able to flourish in a flourishing natural environment