Help for DYSLEXIA Archives

DYSLEXIA Archives

DYSLEXIA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DYSLEXIA Home

DYSLEXIA  April 2006

DYSLEXIA April 2006

Re: Free Downloads to add to websites - web accessability

phil Teare <[log in to unmask]>

Discussions by and for dyslexic people <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:46:50 +0100

Standards documentHi all. (I think it was Nickie who first asked this)

Sorry for the slow response on this one, but I've been rather busy on it.
Textic ltd. are currently offering a service which speech enables websites
WITHOUT the need for installation of any software by the users. We would be
delighted if anyone would like to test/pilot the service. To have a look (or
rather a listen) please visit www.read-e.com. This demo is not on 'full
speed', and the purchased service will be about 8 times faster. Scroll right
to the bottom of the page to see the speech options. But just move your
mouse over something and wait, to hear it talk.

 Unlike ReadSpeaker, it also offers web-based screen reader like
functionality, making it incredibly easy to use. Just move your mouse over
the text in a web page, wait a couple of seconds - and listen. As well as
zoom and design settings, for settings coloured backround options and
enlarged text.

What so good about this? Well it means that a visitor could be anywhere,
using any major web browser, on anyone's PC or Mac (or Linux box), and they
will immediately be able to access your site with the benifit of
mouse-over-text speech enablement. No install, no training, not even any
install required on your webserver! Just one line of script at the bottom of
any page you want enabled i.e. VERY easy for all involved.

If you are a site owner or you know someone who is, and you're interested in
piloting the service, please email me directly. Textic are also offering
several bespoke options etc... but I don't want to turn this in to more of
an advert than it already is. My interest is declared!

Again sorry for such a blatent plug, but its brand new, and obviously of
interest to many in here.

Please let me know what you think if you have a look... (PS why's it all
gone so quite?)

All the best,

Phil Teare,
Owner, Artificial Relevance & Read-e
Developer, Textic Ltd,

Artificial Relevance is a Curriculum Online Registered Content Provider,
Extraordinary solutions for extraordinary people
http://www.Read-e.com
0800 8496760 (UK) or 01144 208 4452871 (US)