FW: Risk to well-being of researchers in qualitative research

Sheila Keegan <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Apr 2006 19:12:10 +0100

From: Karen Henwood [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 April 2006 11:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: Risk to well-being of researchers in qualitative research

------------------
Dear all listmail subsubscibers, I hope some of you may be interested to
reply
to this email from the Cardiff Node of the NCRM on qualitative research
(called
QUALITI). best wishes, karen henwood

>>> "Benjamin Fincham" <[log in to unmask]> 03/04/2006 10:40 >>>
Dear all,

Just a reminder, could you please forward the e-mail below to any
distribution
lists that you might be part of in the next couple of days. Also, if you
have
two minutes I would be really grateful for any contirbutions that colleagues
might have. If you could register onto the site
http://www.cf.ac.uk/socsi/qualiti/forums/index.php and post any stories,
thoughts, opinions that you might have about researcher well-being in
qualitative research that would make my week.

Many thanks

Ben

Commissioned Inquiry - Risk to well-being of researchers in qualitative
research

Call for Evidence
Submissions/evidence are invited as part of an inquiry into risks to the
well-being of researchers in qualitative research. Those persons submitting
evidence may wish to draw our attention to lessons to be learned from
experience. We are interested in submissions based on the experiences of
researchers, research supervisors, members of ethics committees and anyone
else
involved in any aspect of the conduct and management of qualitative
research.
Submissions may embrace practical, regulatory and/or ethical issues and
risks
may include threats to mental/emotional health as well as exposure to
physical
hazards. The Inquiry is being conducted as part of the activities being
undertaken by 'Qualiti', the Cardiff Node of the UK Economic and Social
Research Council's National Research Methods Centre. The inquiry aims to
collate and analyse accounts of qualitative research where issues of risk
may
have been present and publish recommendations based on the evidence
gathered.

Moderated Forum
Evidence for the inquiry will be gathered via a moderated web-based forum.
On
this forum contributors will be asked to submit evidence under one of four
topic
themes. This evidence will then be placed on the website in an appropriate
topic
stream. It is anticipated that aside from gathering evidence this will also
generate online discussion around issues arising from evidence. Please visit
our
website http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/socsi/qualiti/commissioned_inq_2.html for
further details and follow the link to the submissions page.

Dr Ben Fincham
Research Associate
Qualiti
Cardiff School of Social Sciences