ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC Home

ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC  April 2006

ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC April 2006

Re: Thaphthartharath & Heptagramme etc

Aaron Cheak <[log in to unmask]>

Society for The Academic Study of Magic <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:05:43 +1000

Just getting back to this point.
Yes, the Pharaonic opet-re (in PGM, Ophor), is indeed an important rite. I
have, in fact, a chapter dealing with this in my thesis; its a topic of
particular interest to me. I trace the continuation of the mouthopening
ritual in Hermetic, Theurgic, Greek alchemical and PGM contexts, all of
which demonstrate the continuity of Egyptian (magical) practice in late
antique esotericism. This, in my opinion, can no longer be denied.

~ Aaron