Currently many UK sites are using the recommended:
for the their top level BDII configuration.
In view of the power down we have at RAL on the 18th of February
it has been decided to now install a GridPP wide alias so that
we can move things around easily to cope with power downs.
Please can all sites change from using lcgbdii02.gridpp.rl.ac.uk
to instead using the alias.
Currently this CNAME is pointing at the BDII at Imperial. Once
things are back to normal at RAL we will repoint the aliases
The powerdown here is due on the 18th Feb so please try and reconfigure
your sites before then. I will check at RAL a few days before this
which sites are still contacting the RAL BDII and advise them
accordingly. Doing this as part of the LCG2_7_0 upgrade clearly
There may be local tier2 policies on which BDII to use so you may want
to check with the Tier2 coordinators if there is anything special todo
in your Region. Certainly this true for London.
[log in to unmask]