MEDIEVAL-RELIGION@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MEDIEVAL-RELIGION Home

MEDIEVAL-RELIGION  February 2006

MEDIEVAL-RELIGION February 2006

Re: saints of the day 4. February

Carolin Esser <[log in to unmask]>

medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 5 Feb 2006 01:34:39 -0000

I am just coming from our own celebration of this great scholar, who lead
Fulda into a position as one of the main learning centres of its time and
wrote and painted such beautiful works as his collection of figurative
poems called the De Laudibus Sanctae Crucis, not to mention his
encyclopedia, for which the Latin text can be found at
http://www.mun.ca/rabanus/.

But again, unfortunately the one doesn't rule out the other. We, however,
had a lovely time celebrating him.

Happy Rabanus Maurus day to everyone.

Carolin