JiscMail Logo

Help for WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE Archives

WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE Archives

WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE Archives

WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE Home

WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE Home

WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE  January 2006

WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE January 2006

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Cross-media entertainment (was RE: [WDL] Introduction)

Kate Pullinger <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:17:03 -0000

text/plain

Dear All -

I hope I've done this reply correctly!

I thought Christy's post was really very interesting.  I'm in the middle of
a new project that has a cross-media background - a film script
('E|Mission') inspired by a new device that detects mobile phone emissions
(The Electrosmog Detector) in turn inspired a series of multi-media short
stories about a fictional character called Alice and Brad, the game
character she is developing (both appear in 'E|Mission').  The multi-media
short stories also have their own blog, written by Alice herself.  We are
about to launch Episode 2 at the end of January.  (www.inanimatealice.com)

We are in the middle of looking into other platforms for the stories - pdas,
mobisodes, etc.  We feel as though the possibilities are endless.  As a
writer, I love the challenge of creating interesting and original content
that can be adapted/altered to suit different platforms.  We are just at the
beginning.

Kate

www.katepullinger.com
www.inanimatealice.com