ACAD-AE-MED@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ACAD-AE-MED Home

ACAD-AE-MED  January 2006

ACAD-AE-MED January 2006

Re: New Patients 2005

Adrian Fogarty <[log in to unmask]>

Accident and Emergency Academic List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:15:43 -0000

Perhaps we're looking at two sides of Ray's original argument. Yes, he did
say that admissions are going up generally (your focus) but my
interpretation of his post was that regardless of the general increase
(which we've seen anyway year on year and so is no surprise) it's the manner
in which they're arriving that has changed radically: i.e. they're not
coming via the GP service so much any more. Whether this matters much for
the overall planning of service was my understanding of Ray's original post
and Mark's follow up.

AF