Help for WEBSITE-INFO-MGT Archives

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT Archives

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT Home

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT  2006

WEBSITE-INFO-MGT 2006

Bookings now open for Institutional Web Management Workshop to be held at the University of Bath 14 - 16 June

Marieke Guy <[log in to unmask]>

Marieke Guy <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:38:02 +0100

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that we are now accepting bookings for the
tenth Institutional Web Management Workshop which will be held at the
University of Bath on 14 - 16 June 2006.

The booking form is available at:
<http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/web-focus/events/workshops/webmaster-2006/bookings/>.

As in previous years there will be a number of plenary talks which
provide case studies of interesting developments within the community.
This year topics covered include investigation of real world emerging
technologies: How your institution can develop a Web 2.0 strategy;  How
they can deliver a Quality Assured Web environment by managing
standards; Thoughts on what openness means to the Web Manager? A debate
for and against Content Management Systems and reflections on 10 years
of the Institutional Web.

Workshop participants will also be able to attend 2 from a total of 18
parallel sessions which cover a wide range of topics including various
aspects of engaging with the user community; accessibility, usability,
Intranets and preservation; professional development; using
collaborative tools and Web 2.0 technologies such as rss, wikis,
microformats and podcasts; Using Web Services to Support e-Learning; why
quality matters and much more.

We will, as usual, be providing a social programme which includes a
workshop barbecue (don't worry it's an indoor one just in case we suffer
the traditional summer rain!) and a reception at the Roman Baths.

These year we will also be continuing to enrich the
your learning experience by further use of innovative technologies such
as the wireless network, chatrooms and a chatbot.

Further details of all are available at the workshop Web site at
<http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/web-focus/events/workshops/webmaster-2006/>.

Hope to see you in Bath in June.

Marieke

Marieke Guy