Visit to Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station, Nottingham 13th July 2006
ASLIB Engineering Group
The ASLIB Engineering Group invites you on 13th July 2006 to visit Ratcliffe Power Station in Nottingham. Ratcliffe-on-Soar is a 2000 MW coal-fired Power Station in the South West of Nottingham. Occupying a 300 hectare site, Ratcliffe can produce enough electricity to meet the needs of approximately 2,000,000 people.
The tour of the station will be followed by a visit to EON UK's Library - the Library provides technical and research information to all company sites in the UK, it is one of the few power industry libraries left in the UK.
Venue: Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station
Date: 13th July 2006 Time: 13.00 (lasts approximately 2 hours)
Number of Places: 16
Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station is not accessible by Public Transport. Taxis can be caught to the Power Station from either Nottingham or Loughborough stations at a cost of approximately £15.
Please read the attached Health & Safety information (below) before completing this form.
Aslib Membership no
Emergency Contact Number:
Will you be driving to the site:
If yes please provide Vehicle Registration below.
If travelling by train which station will you be travelling to? (please state)*
Do you require Wheelchair access?
Are there any special needs requirements we should be aware of?
If yes please supply details:
*If enough people are travelling by train, a taxi can be pre-ordered to cut down on cost (to be paid for by individuals at the time of travel)
**This information will be supplied to the gatehouse at Ratcliffe Power Station and is for security purposes only. All information will be deleted when you leave the site.
I am a member of the Aslib Engineering Group (no payment due)
I am not a member of ASLIB (course fee is £10). I enclose payment
Please make cheques payable to Aslib Engineering Group.
Please complete the form and return to:
EON UK Library
(0115) 936 2137
Email: [log in to unmask]
Health & Safety Information
1. Flat shoes (no open-toed or mule type) or boots must be worn by all visitors.
2. Coats or jackets are advisable in cold and wet weather.
3. Helmets, ear plugs and safety glasses will be provided by E.ON UK.
4. Trousers are advisable but not mandatory.
5. The tour of the Power Station lasts approximately 2 hours; at the end of the tour the party will be expected to leave site immediately. Ensure that your transport is timed accordingly.
6. As part of the tour you will be led by the station guide at all times. The tour is of a working environment and not a visitor centre; it will include many areas where lifts, stairs, heights and grated floors are used. Please ensure that all persons in the party are aware and that anyone suffering a phobia should notify the station prior to the visit by filling in the special requirements overleaf.
7. Whilst every endeavour is made by the station guide to show the party the full workings associated with a coal fired power station unfortunately, due to maintenance requirements, this is not always possible and an alternative route may be used.
8. Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your stated arrival time.
9. The minimum age for a site visit is 10 years old, proof may be required
10. School visits must have a minimum ratio of 1 adult per 10 children.
11. Mobile phones should not be used on the tour.
12. The power station does not have facilities for children to eat packed lunches.
13. Toilet facilities are available and must be used in an acceptable manner.
Conduct on Site
14. Persons within the party are expected to act in a responsible and well behaved manner; the E.ON UK guide has the authority to remove the whole party from site.
15. It is the party leader's responsibility to ensure that all persons in the party behave in an acceptable manner at all times.
16. Under no circumstances must visitors leave the party at any time, children requiring toilet facilities should inform the guide and must be supervised by a responsible adult.
17. The party will be escorted by a fully trained guide at all times; it is essential that the party listen to the instructions issued by the guide should an emergency arise. It is the party leader's responsibility to ensure that all persons are aware of this procedure.
18. The party's emergency contact (named overleaf) will be contacted immediately should an incident occur whilst the visit is in progress.
E.ON UK accept no responsibility for loss or injury incurred to people or property whilst on the premises.
Ratcliffe on Soar Power Station, Ratcliffe on Soar, Nottingham NG11 0EE
T +44 (0) 115 936 5000 F +44 (0) 115 936 5536 www.eon-uk.com
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by the Cranfield MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.