LIS-CILIP-REG Archives

LIS-CILIP-REG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-CILIP-REG Home

LIS-CILIP-REG  2006

LIS-CILIP-REG 2006

Re: eChartership

Ann Louise Cockburn <[log in to unmask]>

Ann Louise Cockburn <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:53:05 +0000

Hi everyone

I'm writing further to Clare's question about whether to simply give the URL
of her blog in her Portfolio or print out sections of the blog and including
these as hard copy. From what was said at the Chartership day in Edinburgh
last November I would tend to doing a mixture of both - printing out the
elements which you directly refer to in detail and giving the URL for the
additional, background information. The assessors are looking at our
Portfolios on a voluntary basis and anything which makes their life easier
is a bonus - if they can see the whole Portfolio laid out in from of them
without having to move from the sofa to the computer to check a blog online
all to the good from their point of view.

Ann-Louise Cockburn
Senior Library Assistant
Reader Services
Andersonian Library