Apologies for cross posting.
I write to offer a last chance for you to book your place at the launch of
the LearnHigher CETL / 3rd LDHEN* Symposium: Liverpool Hope University, UK,
Tuesday April 4th 2006, entitled:
Excellence in Learning Development - What Could it Be?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Because the LearnHigher, CETL - the biggest collaborative centre of its
kind - will be launched at this event:
* Meet the key representatives of the partner institutions.
* Find out more about LearnHigher projects and work in learning
Because there will be a wide range of practitioner-led workshops. Here, for
example, is a taste of some of the session titles:
* 'Turning the tables: students' assessment of assessment'
* 'Can a student's concept of themselves as teacher enhance their
concept of themselves as learner?'
* Student Perspectives on Learning Development in Professional Higher
* 'Engaging in Creative Practice'
* 'How do we know we're successful?'
* 'Do we know what we are looking for in student presentations?'
* '"Go on then, prove it!" Using research to develop excellence in
* 'Supporting students on Work Based Foundation degrees through e-
Because there will be a keynote presentation by Geoff Layer, Pro-Vice
Chancellor (Learning & Teaching), Professor of Lifelong Learning and Dean
of the School of Lifelong Education and Development at the University of
Because it is a chance to get involved with LDHEN* and meet other
enthusiastic, creative and inspiring people from Universities around the UK
and beyond, who share a passion for learning!
BOOKING: Please reserve your place as soon as possible. The cost of the
event is £60 per delegate. Email [log in to unmask]
*LDHEN: Learning Development in Higher Education Network; for details see
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/LDHEN.html or contact:
Co-ordinator, Learning Development
University of Plymouth
[log in to unmask]