VLE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

VLE Home

VLE  December 2005

VLE December 2005

Re: PCs vs Macs

Heather Peake <[log in to unmask]>

Virtual Learning Environments <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:55:35 -0000

Hi there

Yes we too have a mixed network, Pcs and Macs and so far the Macs have
had no problem accessing Moodle, no special browser required either. Not
sure we have tested every feature to destruction, but in the main
opening documents and forums and so forth is absolutely fine. We are
using LDAP as authentication on Windows Active Directory.

So far so good.

We did have issues with a previous VLE - Olympus wouldn't work at all
with a Mac, and Learnwise V2 required the browser on a MAC to be Camino
- not a well known browser, but at least it worked.

Regards

Heather Peake
ILT Development Co-ordinator
West Nottinghamshire College