Professional Training Opportunities at English Heritage
IFA, IHBC and English Heritage have teamed up to offer five year long professional training placements.
Five one-year professional work placements are available under the English Heritage EPPIC scheme. These placements will provide work-based learning opportunities in specialisms related to the historic environment. Placements are provided and supervised by English Heritage and administered by the IFA in partnership with IHBC. The placements are designed for those with some experience of historic environment practice, but who have not yet had the opportunity to develop more specialist skills and competencies, and may contribute towards an appropriate vocational qualification.
Placements are available in
* archaeological investigation, based in Exeter
* aerial survey and investigation, based in York
* architectural investigation, based in York
* architectural graphics, based in York
* ceramics/finds study, based Sussex/Hampshire
Placement holders will be paid £14,130 per annum, rising to £14,555 from 1 April 2006. An employers' pension contribution of 6% of salary will also made. Successful candidates will be, or will be expected to become, members of an appropriate professional institute. Membership subscriptions and attendance fees for that institute's annual conference will also be funded.
* Ideally, you will have a relevant degree with 6-18 months post-graduate work experience in UK historic environment practice.
* You may have a post-graduate qualification or comparable practical experience in a heritage discipline
* You may be looking for an opportunity to diversify into a new branch of the subject or to enhance skills you have already gained.
* A full driving licence may be a requirement of some posts.
* English Heritage, the Institute of Field Archaeologists and the Institute of Historic Building Conservation all value diversity and seek to enhance diversity within the historic environment professions
For further details, please contact:
Institute of Field Archaeologists
University of Reading
PO Box 227
[log in to unmask]
Application is by CV and covering letter. Please state clearly which placement(s) you are applying for. The closing date for applications is 6 January 2006 and it is anticipated that interviews will be held during the week beginning 16 January 2006. Placements will begin on 1 February 2006 or as soon as possible thereafter.