DYSLEXIA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DYSLEXIA Home

DYSLEXIA  November 2005

DYSLEXIA November 2005

Re: BDA office re DDAT/Dore

phil Teare <[log in to unmask]>

Discussions by and for dyslexic people <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:44:35 -0000

Thanks for the reply Jean. I'm not wholey impressed by it. I'd rather see a
harder line taken. If only because of the currently volatile nature of the
academic side of the field. I think we have to be more careful with our
language, what we promote, and how we promote it (not that I'm perfect of
course or exempt from such criticism - before I'm accused of being an ego
maniacal loudmouth again ;)

Dore is clearly missrepresenting his procedure according to the belief of
the orthodox majority. Where is his evidence of a cure? If he's falsely
claiming endorsement by the BDA, I would have hoped the BDA would have
stronger words to say about it. I hope his wealth has nothing to do with
this.

Again, I'm not BDA bashing, but we all need to be a little more careful
(IMO) while in the current flux of belief swirls around us.

Cheers,
Phil

Phil Teare,
Owner,
Read-e
Curriculum Online Registered Content Provider,
Extraordinary solutions for extraordinary people
http://www.Read-e.com
0800 8496760 (UK) or 01144 208 4452871 (US)