SCOT-FE-ONLINE August 2005

USE OF E-GROUPS AND BLOGS

Bobby Elliott <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:31:40 +0100

I occasionally receive complaints from people about me cross-posting
messages to several e-groups. They complain that this effectively spams
their inbox. They argue that people should subscribe to the appropriate
group and that there is no need for me to cross-post. I sympathise with
their argument.

promised to reduce the amount of cross-posting. So, in future, I will post
messages to the relevant e-group only. This means that it is important that
you subscribe to the relevant groups.

I recently updated the e-group FAQ to include most of the popular groups.
You can download the FAQ here:

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/nccomputing/Misc/E-group_FAQ_v2.3.htm?

The SQA blog was introduced over a year ago as an experiment in
communicating with centres. It appears to be a success. So I plan to use it
alongside the e-groups.

The blog is ideal for disseminating information. The e-groups are ideal for
interaction and dialogue. I will therefore use the blog to inform centres
about developments and use the groups to discuss issues. It is therefore
important that you bookmark the blog and check it from time-to-time. The
blog's URL is:

http://sqacomputing.blogspot.com/

Please note that the traditional means of communication (such as letters to
centres) will continue to be used. But the blog and the groups permits SQA
and practitioners to have a much closer relationship than traditional
channels permit.

Sorry for cross-posting this message - it will be the last time.

---
Bobby Elliott
Qualifications Manager
Telephone: 0141-242-2235, Mobile: 07810647043

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you have any problems with this transmission please contact