SC3 evaluation

"Jensen, J (Jens)" <[log in to unmask]>

Jensen, J (Jens)

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:12:49 +0100

Greetings.  Jeremy has asked for some input for an SC3
postmortem, and I would like to know as well because I will
be submitting a couple of reports to GridPP by the end of
this month, where we also need to include the information
that Jeremy has requested.

*You* don't *have* to contribute (unless you are Owen or Jiri or
me or a few other lucky volunteers :-) but it is a chance for
you to have your say: What went well, what should be improved,
what is needed?

I include Jeremy's shopping list below with some extensions.

Please send your contributions to me by end of Wed. next week
and I will put them together and mail them to Jeremy.  You can
also mail Jeremy directly, but I would prefer to submit a coherent
summary - and I'm sure Jeremy would prefer that, too.

This report will of course be made available on the (a?) storage
web site.  Everybody who has contributed will of course be
credited, although you can be anonymous if you wish.

Thanks,
--jens

-----------

1.1.	Preparations, Goals
What was done to prepare for the service challenge - continued use of Support mail list. Working with dCache. Testing.  Hardware, networks,
lightpaths.  Dialogue with experiments.  Requirements gathering.

1.2.	Results
What was achieved?

1.3.	Findings and conclusions
Did we meet the requirements/goals?  Any surprises?
What are the main conclusions - easy/difficult to install dCache/DPM. Supporting site needs is possible/not possible with current manpower....
Lessons learned.

1.4.	Future planning
Things that need to be done. Proposal for deployment towards SC4
if possible - if not what needs to happen first.
How can support be improved.  Dialogue with experiments?