Help for DC-DATE Archives

DC-DATE Archives

DC-DATE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-DATE Home

DC-DATE  August 2005

DC-DATE August 2005

Re: Adding ISO 8601 as a scheme -- discussion

"Rebecca S. Guenther" <[log in to unmask]>

Rebecca S. Guenther

Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:54:47 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

I thought I saw in one of Eric's recent messages that registering ISO 8601
basic had been rejected. Perhaps we can reconsider this.

I'm not sure what the best way is to get extensions done. Yes, it would
take some time to get through ISO. It would take less time to do something
through NISO, which was where I had thought of starting. Then that could
be brought to ISO. At the very least we could get something registered
with NISO as part of the new fairly lightweight registration process. It
would be a start anyway.

By the way, I was able to get a copy of the revised ISO 8601-- will take a
look at it later today I hope (since you have to order and pay for it, I
don't know how many others actually have it in their hands).

Rebecca