CRISIS-FORUM  August 2005

CRISIS-FORUM August 2005

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: [Fwd: Popular Science: How Earth-Scale Engineering Can Save the Planet]

Mohamed Yunus Yasin <[log in to unmask]>

Mohamed Yunus Yasin <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:19:03 +0800

text/plain

Technology on an Earth Scale.....Hmm, not sure about this...

Mark Twain once said "Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get."

Some say Methane is going to be a bigger problem compared to CO2 from the
climate change perspective. Others say climate change would come from other
sources etc etc....So if we spend trillions of dollars on a technology for a
specific problem, what assurance do we have that some other problem will not
come and hit us while we are not looking?

Besides human 'intervention' (in environment/social) IS the problem. Why
should one believe that it takes human intervention to solve a problem
caused by human intervention?

However, from a technical point of view, 'prevention is better then
cure'....so isn't the money better spent on alternative energy sources etc
etc.

So perhaps the title should be changed from
"How Earth-Scale Engineering Can Save the Planet"      TO
"How Earth-Scale Engineering Can CHANGE the Planet" again!

peace
yunus

Block pop-up ads with MSN Toolbar. http://toolbar.msn.com.my/