CRISIS-FORUM  July 2005

CRISIS-FORUM July 2005

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: SHIP IS 2.5 TIMES WORSE - strategic question

Benjamin Madley <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:34:17 -0400

text/plain

Dear All,

Mark's words inspired me.  Potential steps(?):

1) Perhaps once a consensus is reached (on which modes of travel leave
the smallest environmental footprint) a set of guidelines can be
created and published?  This could then be distributed in academic
communities worldwide and to the press.

2) The "environmental pledge" is becoming popular with some graduating
senior undergraduates here in the United States. At Vassar, for
example, more than half of the class of 2005 took the pledge, which
involves swearing to choose to consume less, make environmentally
ethical choices, etc.  Perhaps a similar environmental "pledge" could
be something that academics mights take one?

Sincerely,

Ben Madley
Doctoral Candidate
Department of History