FE-EXAMS-NETWORK Archives

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK Home

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK  April 2005

FE-EXAMS-NETWORK April 2005

Re: C&G Plumbing Level 3 (6129)

The FE Exams Network mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:50:52 +0100

We are running the Plumbing Level 3 'exams'.  We book the exams in at the convenience of the
tutors, we use an external invigilator but one of the tutors is present in the room to mark the
papers as the students complete.  At the end of the 'exam' those who have passed or fail leave,
and the oral questioning is carried out there and then for those needing it.  We run the level
2 in the same way.  We did have a few problems at the beginning when we insisted on using
invigilators, but it seems to be working OK at the moment.

Janice Tweed
Exams Manager
West Suffolk College