Re: anyone for pedagogy?

Lisa Corley <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:58:52 -0000

Hi

(I'm also sending this to the CETIS Pedagogy Forum jiscmail list and EC
SIG list...with some of the previous postings for context)

Thanks for your message David (theres nothing wrong with lurking, we can
learn a lot from 'legitimate peripheral participation') The CETIS
Pedagogy Forum has been holding joint meetings with other CETIS groups
to try to bring the issues that are being raised to a wider audience and
provide an opportunity for the educational issues to be discussed in
more detail (not that they aren't in the various groups, but because
they also look at the technical specifications in their area, often the
discussions necessarily focus on technical issues, implementations etc
and then the time runs out etc)

Phil Barker (Metadata SIG co-ordinator) and I are keen to hold a joint
meeting and welcome input and ideas from people re what they would like
to discuss etc. The Metadata SIG are meeting today so no doubt some
ideas will come out of that. The next Pedagogy Forum meeting will be a
joint event with the Accessibility SIG and will be held in Bangor, North
Wales on Monday 23rd May (registrations haven't opened yet, I will send
an email out when they are)

In terms of a meeting 'that combined most if not all CETIS SIGs' then
look out for a forthcoming JISC conference (in November sometime -
details will be posted soon when the date is finalised) in which all the
CETIS groups will be represented.

Thanks
Lisa
Lisa Corley
Pedagogy Forum Co-ordinator
CETIS  (Centre for Educational Technology Interoperability Standards)
University of Bolton
Deane Road, Bolton,  BL3 5AB

Tel: +44(0)1204 903851
Mob: +44(0)7909 688224