Help for BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  February 2005

BRITARCH February 2005

Re: Response and taking responsibility - Katy's aye

"Brennand, J. Mark" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:46:47 -0000

Might I reiterate that my post 'Paul Barford's vision of the
twenty-first century?' did on no way suggest that there was not an
archaeological point to the discussion on metal detecting, or that list
members were not interested. But with the greatest respect, the
discussions on the list were not moving us on (I personally doubt that
Estelle Morris subscribes to the list). At no point did I suggest that
there should be no more mention of MDs on Britarch, or that anyone
unsubscribes from the list. I would just like to see things move beyond
the continuous circles in which they reside. As to the 'isolated' nature
of the Britarch-Debates list. What do think is going on here? Without
causing offence to my many colleagues and friends subscribing to
Britarch, it is ONLY a discussion list, it will not change the world. It
is not a question of letting the subject go, it is now a question of
taking it further. Another years worth of debate on Britarch will not
lead to a DCMS review, full and proper ratification of Valetta, or a
change in the law.

I fear that the analogy with the appeasement of the Nazis (Paul Barford
Sent: 09 February 2005 11:35) is an unfortunate one. But if those
opposed to Nazism in the 1930s had simply sounded off on an internet
discussion list then it would not have had any effect anyway.