Announcement of March PEG seminar

"Oliver,AJ" <[log in to unmask]>

Oliver,AJ

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:08:07 -0000

Dear HEN members

I deliberated on whether to send you the following, but decided that since it is about how we might incorporate altruistic considerations into cost-benefit analysis, it therefore must be considered by most people to be health equity-related (although you might disagree).

Apologies to those of you who have received this announcement via other lists.

If you wish, you can book a place through me or Shepley.

Best,
Adam

RE: Information on the first ESRC-sponsored PEG seminars

OTHER-REGARDING BEHAVIOUR IN THE CONTINGENT VALUATION METHOD

Well, the speakers for the seminar have finally been agreed, and we have a
date and location confirmed.  We haven't got speakers to provide titles
just yet, but we want to make sure that we start getting confirmations for
attendance as soon as possible.

The seminar will be held in room G108 at the London School of Economics, on
Friday, March 18th, 2005, beginning at 10am.

Although we have some funding from the ESRC, we need help in covering
catering costs, and so we have to ask that (non-graduate-student) attendees
pay £10, which is payable to the "London School of Economics" (Please send
to Adam Oliver, LSE Health and Social Care, London School of Economics,
Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, indicating clearly who the cheque is
from). All graduate students are exempt from paying.

To confirm your attendance at the event, please send a message to
[log in to unmask] (and if possible, cc to [log in to unmask])

We can have a maximum of 60 attendees, so do get in touch soon if you'd
like to attend.

Here is the list of speakers and discussants.  We also include a link to
webpages of speakers and discussants to hopefully pique your interest.

SPEAKERS:

Cam Donaldson
Health Foundation Chair-Health Economics
School of Population and Health Sciences
Newcastle University

Olof Johansson-Stenman
Professor, Vice Head of Department
Department of Economics
Göteborg University, Sweden

Eric Schokkaert
Director of the Center for Ethics and Economics
Department of Economics
Catholic University, Leuven

Robert Sugden
Professor