**** FINAL CALL FOR EARLY REGISTRATION ****
Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
The Eleventh ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge
Discovery and Data Mining will take place in Chicago,
Illinois, USA from August 21 through 24, 2005.
Early registration deadline is July 15. After that date
registration fees increase by approximately $100.
Visit the conference web site at http://www.kdd2005.com
KDD is the premier international conference on knowledge
discovery and data mining. The conference will provide a
forum for academic researchers and industry and government
innovators to share in their results and experience. The
program will include keynote presentations, oral paper
presentations, poster presentations, workshops, tutorials,
and panels, as well as the KDD Cup competition.
- Prabhaker Raghavan. Head of Reasearch at Yahoo! and professor of
Computer Science at Stanford.
- Gian Fulgoni, chariman and co-founder of comScore Networks,
"Mining the Internet: The Eighth Wonder of the World.
- Winners of the KDD Cup data mining competition will be annnounced.
- Research track: 40 presentations and 36 posters
- Industry/Gov. track: 14 presentations and 11 posters
Full Day Workshops
- Data Mining Methods for Anomaly Detection
- Workshop on Open Source Data Mining (OSDM 2005)
- Workshop on Utility-Based Data Mining (UBDM-2005)
- 4th Workshop on Multi-Relational Data Mining (MRDM 2005)
- 5th Workshop on Data Mining in Bioinformatics (BIOKDD 2005)
- Workshop on Data Mining Standards, Services and Platforms (DM-SSP 2005)
- WebKDD'05: Taming Evolving, Expanding and Multi-faceted Web Clickstreams
- Workshop on Link Discovery: Issues, Approaches and Applications (LinkKDD-2005)
Half Day Workshops
- Data Mining Success Stories and KDD Practice Prize (KDDSS-2005)
- 6th International Workshop on Multimedia Data Mining: "Mining Integrated Media and Complex Data"
- Introduction to Logistic Regression
- Data Visualization and Mining using the GPU
- Randomized Algorithms for Matrices and Massive Data Sets
- Principles and Applications of Probabilistic Learning
Come and join us at KDD and enjoy your stay in Chicago.
The conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency Chicago
Hotel. Area attractions include the easy-to-navigate Museum
Campus; lively Navy Pier; a resurrected North Loop theater
district; and a "who's who" of luxury shopping destinations
along the city's fabled Magnificent Mile. A busy convention
trade has sparked hotel construction, and the city's eclectic
mix of restaurants has gained an international reputation
Chicago Air and Water Show
The oldest and biggest exhibition of its kind in the country,
the Air and Water Show displays daredevil acrobatics both in
the air and water. It can be viewed from many lakeside locations,
but the main hub is above and beyond North Avenue Beach.
Both civilian and military demonstrations take place and
electrifying stunts are performed, the highlight being the
US Navy Blue Angels' jet formation.
North Avenue Beach; Date: 20-21 August 2005; Time: 9am to 4pm
The cut-off date for conference room rates is July 20, 2005.
Please visit our web site for more details about the program.
The registration is on-line or by fax. The early-bird
registration is due by Friday July 15, 2005.