MARC21: An Introduction - York, May 25

Ian Ledsham <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 May 2005 10:27:28 +0100

This course introducing the concepts of MARC21 is to be offered in the
north of England on 25 MAY.  It will be held at the Dean Court Hotel in
York.  There are places currently available, and we hope this will be
an attractive venue for our northern clients for whom London venues are
not possible.

Full booking details below

MARC21: An Introduction
A basic guide to using MARC21 for cataloguing library materials

WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is intended for staff involved with cataloguing using
MARC21. It is particularly appropriate for libraries just starting to
use MARC21 or considering changing to MARC21

COURSE OBJECTIVES
At the end of the day delegates will

*be familiar with the provisions of MARC21
*be aware of those areas that differ from UKMARC
*know how to format the principal areas of a record
*have practised the application of MARC21 to real examples
*have considered the implications of changing to MARC21

This course is interactive and learner-centred and is not dependent on
any specific proprietary cataloguing system

WHEN & WHERE?

Venue:   York