Questions to QTI V2.0

Alexander Koch <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:59:01 +0200

Dear Ladies and gentleman,

I have some additional questions to the QTI V 2.0 standard. These are:

In the conformance quide of QTI V2.0 is written that you can create a
contentProfile which explains the power of your question manager. Is
this contentProfile for the export/import from Questions in the QTI V2.0
format necessary or only optional?

In the information model is not described a special tag only for the
question. There is written that you can display question in the optional
prompt tag or e.g. in the p tag. Is there a special tag only for the
question in QTI V 2.0, or not?

I have looked for a tool which supports QTI V 2.0 and I have found
moodle. In this tool (an example is below) they declare only the Outcome
variable SCORE and not FEEDBACK. I think it is wrong, isnĀ“t it? Do you
must declare all Outcome variable before you use them?

How you can model an feedback for single alternatives of the answers in
a sort question which will modelled with the orderInteraction class. I
use the modalFeedback tag for modelling the feedback. If the showhide
attribute of this tag is assigned to "show" then the feedback in the
tags will only displayed for the candidate if he/she marked this single
alternativ. But does QTI in the sort question considers all alternativ
as marked automatically so that all feedback tag in which the showhide
attribute of this tag is assigned to "show" will be displayed to the
candidate? Will the feedback tag in which the showhide attribute of this
tag is assigned to "hide" never displayed to the candidate? Or will only
the single alternative of the solution marked which are moved in the
answerlist by the candidate?

I want to model a cloze question with several clozes from whom every
cloze has different alternatives for the solution. If I want to make the
responseProcessing for that kind of question I evaluate every cloze
separately and I get for every cloze a value separately. So if I had
three clozes to fill in the question I get three outcome variables as
answer.
Is there a possibility to evaluate the question with several clozes in
that way, that I get as answer only one outcome variable with a
aggregate value for all clozes? Can you give me an example how I can
model that?

Example for a question modelled with the tool  moodle:
<assessmentItem
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsqti_item_v2p0
./imsqti_item_v2p0.xsd" identifier="question1" title="mult choice"
adaptive="false" timeDependent="false">
-<responseDeclaration identifier="question1multichoice"
cardinality="multiple" baseType="identifier">
-<correctResponse>
<value>2</value>
<value>3</value>
</correctResponse>
-<mapping lowerBound="0" upperBound="1" defaultValue="-1">
<mapEntry mapKey="2" mappedValue="0.5"/>
<mapEntry mapKey="3" mappedValue="0.5"/>
</mapping>
</responseDeclaration>
<outcomeDeclaration identifier="SCORE" cardinality="single"
baseType="float"/>
-<itemBody>
-<div class="assesmentItemBody">
-<p>
choose a choice below
-<div class="interactive.choiceMultiple">
-<choiceInteraction responseIdentifier="question1multichoice"
shuffle="false" maxChoices="3">
<simpleChoice identifier="1" fixed="false">choice one</simpleChoice>
<simpleChoice identifier="2" fixed="false">choice two</simpleChoice>
<simpleChoice identifier="3" fixed="false">choice 3</simpleChoice>
</choiceInteraction>
</itemBody>
-<responseProcessing
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsqti_item_v2p0
../imsqti_item_v2p0.xsd">
-<responseCondition>
-<responseIf>
-<isNull>
<variable identifier="question1multichoice"/>
</isNull>
-<setOutcomeValue identifier="SCORE">
<baseValue baseType="float">0</baseValue>
</setOutcomeValue>
</responseIf>
-<responseElse>
-<setOutcomeValue identifier="SCORE">
<mapResponse identifier="question1multichoice"/>
</setOutcomeValue>
</responseElse>
</responseCondition>
-<setOutcomeValue identifier="FEEDBACK">
<variable identifier="question1multichoice"/>
</setOutcomeValue>
</responseProcessing>
<modalFeedback outcomeIdentifier="FEEDBACK" identifier="1"
showHide="show">some feedback</modalFeedback>
<modalFeedback outcomeIdentifier="FEEDBACK" identifier="2"
showHide="show">some feedback</modalFeedback>
<modalFeedback outcomeIdentifier="FEEDBACK" identifier="3"
showHide="show">some feedback</modalFeedback>
</assessmentItem>

Best regards

Alexander Koch