ADMIN-PAYROLL  2005

ADMIN-PAYROLL 2005

FW: Business Trips

Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:58:02 -0000

From: Elayne Young (FINEY)
Sent: 10 February 2005 09:55
To: Brenda Ross (finbr)
Subject: RE: Business Trips

Brenda, as I'm not included in this Payroll mailing list, my email
address isn't recognised and I can't reply direct, could you forward my
response please?

FAO Claire Bartlett
Your request for info/advice was forwarded by our Payroll office, as
staff expenses are processed via Expenditure, not Payroll. I have chosen
relevant excerpts from the RGU Staff Travel Policy, and hope this is of
use. It covers most of the areas you were querying.

5.4     Accompanying Family or Spouse

5.4.1   Staff who wish to be accompanied by a partner or family while
abroad on University business must declare this on their ABS A11 form
and obtain approval from their ABS A11 authoriser(s).  (The names of the
accompanying partner/family must be stated on the ABS A11 form including
the names of any person(s) in this category who are current University
employees.)

5.4.2   All additional costs attributable to partners or families must
be borne by the employee and reimbursement cannot be claimed from the
University.

        If the accompanying partner is on legitimate and authorised
University business reimbursement of their expenses, in whole or part,
must be separately authorised by their strategic manager.

5.4.3   All expense claims submitted by the employee in relation to the
overseas trip must provide sufficient information to satisfy the person
responsible for authorising that the claim is limited to amounts
incurred which relate to the member of staff alone and were incurred
wholly and necessarily on University business.

5.5     Leave Taken while Abroad

5.5.1   Staff wishing to incorporate a period of leave within a visit
abroad must first obtain approval in the normal way for the leave
period.  The period of associated leave must be clearly declared on the
ABS A11 when the overseas visit is approved.  (The names of any
accompanying partner or family must also be stated on the ABS A11 form
including the names of any person(s) in this category who are current
University employees).

5.5.2   All costs relating to the leave period and any additional costs
arising from incorporating the leave period within the visit abroad must
be borne by the employee and no claim for reimbursement of costs
relating to the period of leave can be made.

5.5.3   All expense claims submitted by the employee in relation to the
overseas trip must provide sufficient information to satisfy the person
responsible for authorising that the claim excludes expenditure related
to the leave period and is limited to expenditure incurred wholly and
necessarily on University business.

I hope this is of some help,
Regards
Elayne Young