Pension on honoraria

Brewin Jo <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:09:03 +0000

Dear All

Recently we have had a request from an academic who does not want to pay
pension contributions on a temporary increase in his salary that he is
getting for undertaking extra duties because ' he will not get any benefit
from it'(nowhere near retirement age).  In the past we have always made any
acting up allowance payments or honoraria that are paid over a number of
months, pensionable.  The only payments we make without deduction of pension
are one off lump sums paid in arrears for extra duties that have already
been carried out.
What do you do?  Does anybody have a convincing argument that I can go back
to the employee with to say that he must pay?
By the way he is in TPS.

Many thanks

Regards,

Jo Brewin
Payroll Manager
University College Northampton
Tel: 01604 892796
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

"This email message is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error, please notify us immediately and destroy this
e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose, copy or
distribute this e-mail or any attachments without the consent of the
author".