We have now put on the web the first 1.0 (non-beta) release of the API,
FormatConverter and Analysis. (The release numbers have been reset to 1,
so these are all 1.0.1. The previous Analysis release, for example, was
1.0.b20.) We have spent the last couple of weeks trying to fix bugs and
the like (and discovering the oddities of Linux), although there is also
some new functionality. The website has been updated, including the
online documentation (first time in awhile).
As well as this new release we have also had two papers accepted for
publication in the last week or two:
Wim F. Vranken, Wayne Boucher, Tim J. Stevens, Rasmus H. Fogh, Anne Pajon,
Miguel Llinas, Eldon L. Ulrich, John L. Markley, John Ionides and Ernest
D. Laue. The CCPN Data Model for NMR Spectroscopy: Development of a
Software Pipeline. Accepted by Proteins (2004).
Rasmus H. Fogh, Wayne Boucher, Wim F. Vranken, Anne Pajon, Tim J. Stevens,
T.N. Bhat, John Westbrook, John M.C. Ionides and Ernest D. Laue. A
framework for scientific data modeling and automated software development.
Accepted by Bioinformatics (2004).
The first paper should be used as the standard reference for the
FormatConverter and Analysis, the second should be used if for some reason
you want to mention the API machinery itself. (And although accepted in
2004 they will not be published until 2005 of course. So I am not sure
which year should be mentioned before we know the definitive date, etc.)
One of the next things to do is to move (most of) our repository to
SourceForge (there is still some issue about diagrams and data since CVS
does not cope that well with that and deleting stuff on SourceForge is
painful). That way people can keep up-to-date with the development
version if they want to. (This will mean early fixes of old bugs but
also most likely early introduction to new bugs!)
The we will get on to adding new functionality and doing bux fixes. We
still expect to have release every few weeks. We hope to do a 1.1 release
in the summer.