Help for LOM-CATALOGUING Archives

LOM-CATALOGUING Archives

LOM-CATALOGUING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LOM-CATALOGUING Home

LOM-CATALOGUING  February 2004

LOM-CATALOGUING February 2004

Re: Cataloguer required for partnership project!

Helen Ireson <[log in to unmask]>

A list for people who are describing resources using the IEEE LOM standard <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:33:27 +0000

Dear Janet
Thank you for your e-mail. We have had a lot of interest in this and it was difficult to make a selection as everyone who responded had the skills we are looking for. I am sorry but we have offered the work to someone with SOSIG experience. If we have any more work like this in future, we will bear you in mind.
Thanks and Best wishes
Helen

Office Co-Ordinator
ESCalate (Education Subject Centre for Advancing Learning and Teaching in Education)
School of Education
Room B45, Dearing Building
The University of Nottingham
Jubilee Campus
Wollaton Road
Nottingham
NG8 1BB

Tel 0115 9514484
Fax 0115 9514512
www.escalate.ac.uk

>>> [log in to unmask] 09 February 2004 15:42:44 >>>
Hi Helen,

I'm definitely interested in doing some cataloging for you. I am
currently the cataloging coordinator of the projects at the Eisenhower
National Clearinghouse (ENC) on the campus of The Ohio State University.
In addition to a physical collection of mathematics and science
materials, we have developed six digital library collections in the
fields of mathematics, science, engineering and technology education.

We are currently developing a portal for the National STEM (science,
technology, engineering and mathematics) Digital Library for Middle
school digital resources in the US.

We catalog all of our digital collections according to IEEE LOM
standards. Our physical collection is cataloged according to an
ENC-extended MARC format with cross-walks to LOM.

Please let mw know if you are interested; and any details of the work
involved.

Janet Kahkonen Smith
Catalog Coordinator
Eisenhower National Clearinghouse (ENC)