DC-COLLECTIONS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-COLLECTIONS Home

DC-COLLECTIONS  February 2004

DC-COLLECTIONS February 2004

Updated draft of application profile

Pete Johnston <[log in to unmask]>

DCMI Collection Description Group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:38:43 -0000

A new draft of the DC CD AP is available at:

http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcmi/collection-ap-summary/
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcmi/collection-application-profile/

The main changes are:

- the addition of a draft introductory section describing the purpose of
the DC CD AP
- replaced property dc:description with property dcterms:abstract
- replaced property gen:custodialHistory with property gen:provenance
- replaced property gen:owner with property marcrel:own
- replaced property gen:hasDescription with property dc:description
- removed property gen:isDescriptionOf
- replaced property cld:hasPublication with property
dcterms:isReferencedBy

The main "semantic" issue we have outstanding is, I think, the issue
described under item 4 here:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0310&L=dc-collections&T=0
&F=&S=&P=59

Pete

-------
Pete Johnston
Research Officer (Interoperability)
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
tel: +44 (0)1225 383619    fax: +44 (0)1225 386838
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/p.johnston/