SPACESYNTAX 2004

Re: Spatio-temporal map of U.K.

Alan Penn <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:31:45 -0000

The one that would get interesting would be one that looked at how far
people are from people - given that population density varies greatly. The
reason I mentioned Danny Dorling is that I remember him doing a series of
maps in which the UK was distorted with respect to areas representing things
like population, and the overlaying other factors - amount of motorway for
example. The results were very illuminating, while the north east has lots
of motorway per capita, the south east had very little. I saw these at an
Autocarto conference, but I have a feeling that he has published a book of
them more recently...

Alan Penn

Subject: Re: Spatio-temporal map of U.K.