FILM-PHILOSOPHY  2004

FILM-PHILOSOPHY 2004

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: FILM-PHILOSOPHY Digest - 29 May 2004 to 30 May 2004 (#2004-149)

"Evan Wm. Cameron" <[log in to unmask]>

Film-Philosophy Salon <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:01:53 -0400

text/plain

I once appreciated receiving weekly the digest of the society, but it
now appears that I am receiving a file every other day, rather than
digest of titles at the end of the week. If so, I would prefer to
receiving nothing.

Evan Cameron

Automatic digest processor wrote:

> [...]
>
> Film: The Gaze of its Age ....... Francesco Casetti  7
> Elements of Screenology: Toward an Archeology of the Screen
>                                       ......... Erkki Huhtamo    31
> Pour une "histoire naturelle" des styles cinematographiques
>                                                ......... Laurent Jullier  83
> Function and Form in the Early Period of the Nyusu eigakan
> (News Movie Theater)
>    ...... Fujioka Atsuhiro, translated by Lori Hitchcock  113
> Journalistic Film--A Trend in Japanese Cinema in the 1920s and 1930s
>                      ......... Michael Fitzhenry   133
> Dual Persona: Onoe Matsunosuke as Japan's Early Cinema Star
>                   ......... Fujiki Hideaki      157
> Delivering Coal Mines: Advertising Photographic Postcards
>       of the Coal Mining Industry in England
>                 .......... Inui Yukiko   181
> Kinokultur unde ide Entstehung der Filmkritik im Berlin
>       der Weimarer Republik  ....... Nozaki Yasuo   207
> Hitchcock's "Restricted Space"
>                              ....... Usui Michiko  235
> Contents of Back Issues of Iconics, Vols. 1-6 (1987-2002)  247
> Contents of Back Issues of Eizogaku, No. 68 (2002)- No. 71 (2003) 250
> Japan Society of Image Arts and Sciences   253
>
> Iconcis, which is indexed in Film Literature Index, can be ordered from
> the JASIAS office at a price of 2000 yen per issue. Payment by credit
> card is preferred (VISA, Master Card, DC), so inform the JASIAS office
> of the issues and number of copies desired and a credit card payment
> form will be sent. Libraries and institutions interested in _Iconics_
> and _Eizogaku_ (ISSN 0286-0279), the Japanese domestic edition of the
> journal of the JASIAS, can order through Japan Publications Trading
> (JPT).
>
> Contact:
> Japan Society of Image Arts and Sciences
> c/o College of Art, Nihon University, 2-42-1 Asahigaoka, Nerima-ku,
> Tokyo 176-8525, Japan
>
> Back issues are also available. A list of contents of previous issues
> can be viewed at: http://www.art.nihon-u.ac.jp/jasias/iconics-ie.html
>
> Aaron Gerow
> Member, Board of Directors
> JASIAS
>
> Assistant Professor
> Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
> Yale University
> 53 Wall Street, Room 316
> PO Box 208363
> New Haven, CT 06520-8363
> USA
> Phone: 1-203-432-7082
> Fax: 1-203-432-6764
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask]
> For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> **

> End of FILM-PHILOSOPHY Digest - 29 May 2004 to 30 May 2004 (#2004-149)

Dr. Evan Wm. Cameron                Telephone: (416)736-5149, Ext. 88686
CFT 216 (Film): York University     Fax: (416) 736-5710
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario                    E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Canada   M3J 1P3

*
*