The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged. Please refer to the notice at the foot of this e-mail before reading any further.
DATA PROTECTION UPDATE SESSIONS IN LONDON, GLASGOW AND MANCHESTER (September 13, 17 & 20)
Cost of attending an update session is £250 plus VAT per delegate for newsletter subscribers; if you are not a subscriber, the cost is £320 plus VAT per delegate. We hold these twice a year at Masons offices
If interested, reply and I can send you a booking form. Agenda (at the moment) below
1. Data Protection Roundup including OIC Annual Report, Government proposals for ID Cards, Bichard, Children's Bill, Civil Contingencies Bill, Durant and the EU complaint to the UK re Data Protection Act; Credit Referencing - the brave new deal?
2. Durant - eight months on and no wiser? Discussion on the practical implications of the case; requests of access to employee manual information; implications for FOI etc etc
3. Law Report - MDU v Johnson, Pal v GMC, House of Lords - Naomi Campbell and others
4. FOI Act Update - (In Glasgow, this session will be FOI (Scotland) Act update)
5. Marketing update - ASA cases; SPAM, USA legislation
6. Data Protection Panel - an opportunity for you to raise issues.
We are delighted to announce that Masons and Out-Law.com have once again been shortlisted for recognition in this year's e-LOTIES and LOTIES Awards (Legal Office Technology Innovation Awards).The annual awards are organised by In Brief Magazine. We would be grateful if you would take five minutes to vote for us!
Voting closes on 30th July for the e-LOTIES and on 22nd October for the LOTIES. Please visit
www.masons.com/php/page.php?page_id=eloties4400 for further details
If you have received this e-mail in error, do not use the contents of the e-mail or disclose it to any other person. Please notify us by reply, or telephone our London office on +44 (0) 20 7490 4000, and then delete the e-mail. We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and its attachments are virus-free, but you should check. Masons may monitor traffic data of both business and personal e-mails. By replying to this e-mail, you consent to Masons' monitoring the content of any e-mails you send to or receive from Masons. Masons is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business e-mail.
Masons is an international law firm with offices in London, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Brussels, Hong Kong and Shanghai. Further information about the firm and a list of partners are available for inspection at 30 Aylesbury Street, London EC1R 0ER or from our web site at www.masons.com. Each of our offices is regulated by the relevant local law society.
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet using MessageLabs SkyScan services. For more information visit: www.star.net.uk.
All archives of messages are stored permanently and are
available to the world wide web community at large at
If you wish to leave this list please send the command
leave data-protection to [log in to unmask]
All user commands can be found at : -
(all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please)