Yea, I do know that liquid Mercury is easily absorbed through the skin,
but I don't know if over-the-counter rubber/latex gloves are good to
use. I don't know if the room temperature liquid Mercury has any ill
reactions with rubber. I'm sure someone will speak up if it does, other
wise I'll don a pair of latex surgical gloves just to prevent any
contact with my skin.
Mercury is absorbed through the skin so any contact is potentially
dangerous to the health.There were famous cases of (female I guess)
assistants absorbing it through the feet by wearing open-toed sandles
preparing dental amalgam.
So take care