I have been asked to forward this to the list.
Please reply to the details given and not to me.
Software Application Test Engineer
EMB Consultancy LLP
Based in Epsom
Salary: £25-30k + Bonus depending on experience
EMB Consultancy is a rapidly expanding actuarial consultancy in the field
of General Insurance. One of the main reasons for our success has been our
ability to develop cutting edge software products to assist our clients in
their work. We are seeking another member of staff to complement our
· A hands-on technical testing role reporting to a test manager.
· Working within an agile rapid development process.
· Development of test plans providing adequate product coverage,
implementation/execution of test scripts, reporting bugs and quality metrics.
· Work will include a combination of GUI testing, non-interactive
feature testing (including system interface testing), regression,
performance, installation and software environment testing
· Development of test automation scripts and, where appropriate,
test harnesses for system-level automated tests.
· Opportunities to evolve and contribute to EMB's development
processes and technology strategy
· Close interaction with developers, and internal end-users and
· Some support in writing user guides and help files
· Full test lifecycle experience: Creating a test plan, test
scripts and test data sets from an understanding of product requirements;
implementing/executing test cases; creating & classifying bug reports;
regression, feature, GUI, performance, environment tests, quality reporting.
· Experience of testing numerically intensive and/or GUI-based
graphical applications would be an advantage.
· A flexible team player, with a strong focus on time to market and
· Use of scripting languages/software development knowledge
necessary for implementing automated tests, or experience of using
automated testing tools
· Experienced in RAD, agile or iterative development methodologies.
· Ability to work with developers and consultants to improve
usability and other "soft" defects
· Passionate about testing as a career, flexible in working with a
team to evolve processes and continually improve quality in an agile
· Experience of testing OO application architectures
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good academic background - good degree or background in maths,
physics, engineering or statistics would be useful
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills