BRITARCH December 2003

Re: Thanks & Digest:: Textbook help

Jason Lucas <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:04:37 +0000

Some books that have a slant toward Industrial/Historical Archaeology:

Palmer, M. Neaverson, P. 1998 'Industrial Archaeology - Principles and
Practice' London Routledge

Cossons, N. (ed) 2000 'Perspectives on Industrial Archaeology' London
Science Museum

Burton, A. 1977 'Industrial Archaeological Sites of Britain' London
Butler and Tanner

Newman, R. 2001 'The Historical Archaeology of Britain, c. 1540-1900'
Stroud Sutton Publishing

Morris, R. K. 2000 'The Archaeology of Buildings' Stroud Tempus
Publishing

Hills, R. L. 1989 'Power from Steam' Cambridge Cambridge University
Press

Hoover, H.C. & Hoover, L.H (trans.) 1950 'Georgius Agricola - De Re
Metallica' New York, Dover

Engels, F. 1892 'The Condition of the Working Class in England' Penguin
Classics

Just a few suggestions!