This mail from Cal basically says that hopfully from Monday
the testbed will again be opened up again to other sites
running version 2.1.1.
It will be at the rate of a couple of sites a day all being well.
[log in to unmask]
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:25:55 +0100
From: Charles Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
To: Site Admin. <[log in to unmask]>,
ITeam <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>,
"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>,
"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [SA-HELP] application testbed upgrade to EDG 2.1.x
There will be an upgrade of the application testbed to
the a EDG 2.1-series release. If the current release
passes the acceptance tests (most have already been verified), then this
upgrade will start on MONDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2003.
The procedure is the following:
1) Steve Traylen and Erwin Laure will decide if the
latest EDG 2.1.x release is acceptable, if so, then
they will announce exactly when the upgrade will start. (I've assumed that
it will be a go
for Monday, but may be delayed if problems arise.)
2) At the announced time, Steve Traylen will upgrade
RAL and at the same time remove all of the sites except RAL from the IC's
ACL. As sites upgrade, Steve will add them back into the IC.
NOTE: There will be a (some) migration script(s)
which need to be run for the WP2 software. Paul
will send out a detailed recipe of exactly what
needs to be done.
3) After all of the sites currently in the application
testbed have upgraded to EDG 2.1, then Rene and Eric
will run a very abbreviated version of the acceptance
tests to make sure that everything is OK.
4) Leave testbed running for 24 hours.
5) Add "new" sites into testbed. Limit to 2 or 3
per 24 hour period. Making sure that R-GMA (or anything else) doesn't go
belly-up with the larger
number of sites.
6) Celebrate winter holidays (hopefully 2003!).
To speed up the process, SITES WHO ARE CURRENTLY
WAITING TO REJOIN TESTBED: you may wish to go ahead and install EDG 2.1.1
and run the standard
tests on your site to make sure everything is OK.
This will speed up step 5 above. CORE SITES: do
NOT upgrade until Steve gives the go-ahead.
As an aside, I will be away for holidays from tomorrow. DO NOT send
requests to me personally,
I will not be reading email, and so will not reply until I return. Use the
and ITeam mailing lists, please.
May the force be with you. Live long and prosper.