DC-COLLECTIONS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-COLLECTIONS Home

DC-COLLECTIONS  September 2003

DC-COLLECTIONS September 2003

Re: Towards a revised draft

Pete Johnston <[log in to unmask]>

DCMI Collection Description Group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:13:41 +0100

Robina,

Just picking up Andy's point here...

> I wouldn't want us to invent cld:agentName only to find that
> in a few months time this is actually useful for lots of
> resources, not just collections??

I've been truffling around on the dc-agents list archive to try to work
out the current state of play regarding any proposals for describing
Agents.

There seems to have been little traffic of substance on that list this
year, and it's a bit difficult to work out the current status of the
various earlier proposals....

I did find your proposal for a DCSV-based "Agent Detail" Encoding Scheme

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0204&L=dc-agents&T=0&F=&S
=&P=169

which seems to be the closest there is at present to a set of Agent
attributes/properties (though I notice it's been removed from the last
versiob of the Libraries AP)? Is that right please?

If I should go and ask this question over on dc-agents, just tell me!
;-)

Thanks
Pete