BRITARCH July 2003

Re: metal detectors selling on ebay

Brian Longstaff <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:54:11 +0100

Monitoring Ebay for illegal selling?  Best of luck!  I've even seen pirated
DVDs and videos on there, and they always put the emphasis on the seller not
offering such restricted items, and do not police themselves.  If you want
an eye-opener, go through their restricted items list and see how many items
ARE on sale on Ebay:

Prohibited and Restricted Items List:
     a.. Academic Software
        b.. Alcohol
        c.. Animals and Wildlife Products
        d.. Anti-circumvention Policy
        e.. Artifacts
        f.. Authenticity Disclaimers
        g.. Autographed Items
        h.. Batteries
        i.. Beta Software
        j.. Bootleg Recordings
        k.. Brand Name Misuse
        l.. Catalog and URL Sales
        m.. Catalytic Converters and Test Pipes
        n.. Comparison Policy
        o.. Compilation and Informational Media
        p.. Contracts and Tickets
        q.. Counterfeit Currency and Stamps
        r.. Counterfeit Items
        s.. Credit Cards
        t.. Downloadable Media
        u.. Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
        v.. Electronics Equipment
        w.. Embargoed Goods and Prohibited Countries
        x.. Event Tickets
        y.. Faces, Names and Signatures
        z.. Firearms, Ammunition, Replicas, and Militaria
        aa.. Fireworks
        ab.. Food
        ac.. Freon and Other Refrigerants
        ad.. Government IDs and Licenses
        ae.. Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Items
        af.. Human Parts and Remains
        ag.. Importation of Goods into the United States
        ah.. International Trading - Buyers
        ai.. International Trading - Sellers
        aj.. Lockpicking Devices
        ak.. Lottery Tickets
        al.. Mailing Lists and Personal Information
        am.. Mature Audiences
        an.. Medical Devices
        ao.. Misleading Titles
        ap.. Mod Chips, Game Enhancers, and Boot Discs
        aq.. Movie Prints
        ar.. OEM Software
        as.. Offensive Material
        at.. Pesticides