Help for DC-ACCESSIBILITY Archives

DC-ACCESSIBILITY Archives

DC-ACCESSIBILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-ACCESSIBILITY Home

DC-ACCESSIBILITY  June 2003

DC-ACCESSIBILITY June 2003

Re: Please report your achievements to us!

Charles McCathieNevile <[log in to unmask]>

DCMI Accessibility Group <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:24:04 +0200

As part of W3C's SWAD-Europe project, I supervised a project to
implement EARL (an RDF vocabulary for describing conformance, in this
case to accessibility requirements) in an open-source accessibility
testing tool. The idea was that havng a record of what has been
assessed and what the results were could be used to reduce unnecessary
duplication of work.

It worked out pretty nicely - the integration in the code was tested
using an interface for recording the appropriateness of text
alternatives. Where these had been tested already the program didn't
ask for a reassessment. (In a more advanced version of such software
the option would still available, and there would be functionality to
manage different levels of trust in different evaluators).

The tool is called WAINU and has been under development by the Rainbow
group at ESSI in France.

cheers

Charles McCN