Post Reference: POL/0186 PR
Salary £24888 - £27873
East Dunbartonshire Council was established in 1996 and provides the
majority of local services within the community. Situated to the north east
of Glasgow, bordering authorities include: Glasgow City Council, North
Lanarkshire Council, West Dunbartonshire Council and Stirling Council. Both
Glasgow and Edinburgh Airport are within an hour's travelling distance.
You will be required to: assist with development and data management
activities for corporate GIS system; assist in the procurement,
implementation and maintenance of a BS7666 Corporate Master Address
Gazetteer for East Dunbartonshire Council; develop and maintain links
between the Master Address Gazetteer and the Council's internal systems and
the National Land and Property Gazetteer (NLPG);actively participate in
other initiatives in the Council's modernising government plans and in the
work of the Business Change team as required.
· To assist with implementation of a corporate GIS database
· To liase with services in order to develop and implement maintenance
procedures for the Council's corporate GIS information
· To assist with GIS data management activities
· To assist with the promotion of GIS within the Council
· To assist in the effective procurement and implementation of a Corporate
Master Address Gazetteer
· To liaise with and access data from Services responsible for address and
street gazetteer data maintenance
· To support the establishment of quality and performance management
procedures for corporate GIS data, Corporate Address data and Local Street
· To promote and develop opportunities and solutions for data sharing
through integration of the corporate GIS, Corporate Address and Local
Street Gazetteers with other business systems.
· To assist in ensuring that information strategies and Modernising
Government initiatives incorporate the role of GIS, Corporate Address and
Local Street Gazetteers.
· To support the development of linkages between the GIS, Corporate Address
Gazetteer and the Citizens Account database.
· To contribute to the development and documentation of business processes
and operational procedures to ensure efficient maintenance of the corporate
GIS database, the Corporate Address database and the Local Street Gazetteer.
· To ensure the integrity of the Corporate Address and Local Street
Gazetteers through the development and implementation of quality assurance
and verification procedures.
· To provide professional advice and guidance relating to the Gazetteers
within Councils and on an inter-agency basis
· To support the development of appropriate solutions for the integration
of Gazetteers with other business systems.
· To provide training as required to promote the use of the Corporate
Address and Local Street Gazetteers.
Qualifications and Experience
· A recognised degree or HNC qualification with post qualification
experience in cartograpghy, GIS, land and property information management,
computer studies or related discipline.
· Knowledge of BS7666.
· Knowledge of land and property information management and an
understanding of spatial data and metadata standards.
· Understanding of ArcGIS, MVM and UniForm software suites.
· Working knowledge of business systems analysis and business process
· Ability to translate customer requirements into working solutions.
· Strong ability to work closely with customers and develop customer
· Highly motivated, pro-active, able to work well under pressure with good
time management skills.
· Candidates should possess high standards of written and oral
communications and strong interpersonal skills.
Recruitment packs are available from the 24 hour answerlines on
0141 578 8044 or 0141 578 8065, quoting reference POL/0186.
Closing Date for this post is 3 December 2003. Interviews will be held on
15th December 2003.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ellen Beattie,
Project Manager on 0141 574 5637 or by email at
[log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: