Junior Environmental Scientist (GIS/WS/216)
-Understanding of Marine Environmental Issues ?
-GIS Software Skills - ArcView/ArcGIS ?
Location: UK - Hampshire
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP (Urgent)
Open To: European Union Citizens or holders of UK work permits.
Job Overview: An Independent Consultancy specializing in the management
of ocean engineering, health and safety and environmental issues facing
industry, commerce and government seek an Environmental Scientist to work
in their ‘Power and Renewables’ group. This group helps Clients develop
marine infrastructure projects, addressing environmental, permitting,
engineering and operational requirements.
Your key role will be to provide technical information and support to
projects in accordance with agreed budgets, time-scales and quality
standards and to Client's required quality standards or better. You will
maintain technical awareness and contribute to scientific and GIS-related
innovation and keep project teams fully briefed of progress, technical
issues, opportunities, etc.
Reporting to the Business Director (Power and Renewables Group), your
principal tasks will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Identify data and information sources.
* Collect, analyse and interpret data and information.
* Prepare reports, briefing notes, and other technical deliverables.
* Apply the Company’s GIS (ArcView) system to support project work..
* Perform analysis, calculation & interpretation using “tools” ranging from
spreadsheets to analytical/numerical models and other in-house software.
* Provide support to project fieldwork (mainly in the office but from time-
to-time in the field.
* Participate in project team meetings and attend meetings with third
parties/clients, as required
* Maintain project documentation and records
* Follow and enforce the Company’s policy & procedures, including Health &
Safety, Quality Assurance and Environmental.
* Other tasks as required in support of the Company's technical work and
directed by the line manager.
This is an ideal position for a Environmental Scientist with GIS skills who
has worked in a marine environment and who is looking to expand their
technical skills working for a Consultancy company.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
* A Degree in an Environmental or Marine related subject essential.
* A minimum of 1 years relevant Industry experience, with some expertise
working in a marine environment essential.
* A minimum of 1 years experience either using or supporting ArcView/ArcGIS
* Some experience of using GIS on marine projects essential.
* Understanding of marine environmental issues essential.
* Good analytical & research ability essential.
* Industry/market sector awareness (e.g. Oil &Gas/Water/Renewables) and
some commercial acumen highly advantageous.
* Highly numerate and analytical accuracy (carefulness and thoroughness are
essential requirements in the job).
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in
a team essential.
Sound computer skills.
* Ability to manage priorities and work under pressure, able to work to
tight deadlines and with limited supervision.
* Good verbal and written skills essential as you will be expected to
create project reports.
* Must be service orientated.
Package: An attractive Salary of £18K-£20K plus benefits is on offer
dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this Position, go to the Working Smart Web Site (www.working-
smart.co.uk) and apply on-line - select ‘Job Seekers’ ‘Review Jobs’.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Recruitment Consultancy
PetroTech House, Francis Place, The Green, Pirbright, Surrey, GU24 OJU, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 481141 Fax: +44 (0) 1483 799738
Email: [log in to unmask] Web: http://www.working-smart.co.uk
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: