SENIOR GIS ANALYST
FIXED TERM – 2 years
£24,888 – 30,060
Forth Valley GIS is a joint unit providing corporate GIS services to
Clackmannanshire, Falkirk and Stirling Councils. The unit also provides GIS
services to a range of external public sector organisations. To help meet
the challenges arising from Modernising Government initiatives and exploit
the opportunities and benefits that GIS can bring to improved service
delivery, Forth Valley GIS is seeking to recruit two Senior GIS Analysts.
Using state of the art technologies, the development and integration of
customer-focused GIS solutions, which improve service delivery, are a
fundamental aspect of our strategy.
You will be expected to :
• Project manage GIS development initiatives
• Lead in the development and support of web-based and desktop GIS
• Provide consultancy services in relation to GIS solutions
• Develop and promote opportunities for the use and integration of GIS
You will have :
• Strong technical and development skills using ESRI ArcGIS products
• Software development experience with Visual Basic, HTML or Java
• Knowledge of spatial database management systems
• Good working knowledge of geographic information
• Project management skills
You will be highly motivated and have strong written and oral communication
skills with an ability to communicate at all levels. You should be educated
to degree level or equivalent in GIS, information systems, computer studies
or a related discipline.
Interviews for this post will be held during the week commencing 2 June
For an informal discussion on the above posts, please contact Alan Moore,
Head of Forth Valley GIS on 01786 442785 or by email at moorea-
[log in to unmask] Further information on the work of Forth Valley GIS
can be found at www.forthvalleygis.co.uk.
Recruitment packs are available from and returnable to Wendy MacDougall,
Forth Valley GIS, Viewforth, Stirling, tel : 01786 442976, e-mail
[log in to unmask] quoting appropriate ref.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: