Dear List Members,
Below please find references to new online publications, journal/newsletter
issues, events and opportunities, and web sites.
**Please note that long URLs may break into two lines in some mail readers.
Cut and paste each line of the URL, if this happens.**
Guidance Notes: Refugees and Asylum Seekers (Oct. 2003) -
The hidden gulag: exposing North Korea’s prison camps (Oct. 2003) -
Plan Colombia: Contraproductos y Crisis Humanitaria. Fumigaciones y
desplazamiento en la frontera con Ecuador (Oct. 2003) -
Protecting internally displaced persons in the OSCE area: A neglected
commitment (Oct. 2003) -
Protection of and assistance to internally displaced persons: Note by the
Secretary-General, A/58/393 (Sept. 2003) -
Report of the Special Rapporteur of the Commission on Human Rights on violence
against women, its causes and consequences, on the situation of women and
girls in Afghanistan (Oct. 2003) -
- In Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish
Sphere Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response (2004) -
- Newly revised edition.
Study Guide: The Rights of Refugees (2003) -
Sudan: Special report on the impact of a future peace agreement on refugees
and IDPs (Nov. 2003) -
Updated Profiles on Internal Displacement (Oct./Nov. 2003) -
- Available for India, Cote d’Ivoire, Burma, and Indonesia.
Asia Child Rights Weekly Newsletter, vol.2, no. 44 (Nov. 2003) -
Minority Rights Group International e-bulletin - http://www.minorityrights.org
- Bi-monthly bulletin; subscribe by sending an email to [log in to unmask]
or visit a/m URL.
New Routes: A Journal of Peace Research and Action, vol. 8, no. 2 (2003) -
- Focus is on the "Role of the Media in War and Peace."
**Events & Opportunities**
Annual Health and Human Rights Conference, London, 6 December 2003 -
- Physicians for Human Rights–UK conference; focus is on "The Right to Sexual
and Reproductive Health."
International Conference on Women and Migration in Asia, New Delhi, 10-13
December 2003 -
Mainstreaming Equality: From theory to public policy, Liverpool, 26-28 April
2004 - http://www.clps.org.uk/
Health and Human Rights Info - http://www.hhri.org/
- Project of the International Society for Health and Human Rights; offers
access to operational, training and other materials, with special emphasis on
Human Rights Network International – http://www.hrni.org/index_flash.html
- Human rights portal; in English and French.
Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) - http://www.humanitarianinfo.org/iasc/
- Makes available key documents and materials, along with background
International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) - http://www.icj.org
- Includes a legal resource center; in English, French, and Spanish.
Women, War and Peace - http://www.womenwarpeace.org/h_index.htm
- Portal developed by UNIFEM with country profiles and issue briefs.
Reproductive Health Response in Conflict (RHRC) Consortium -
- Note new name for what was formerly the Reproductive Health for Refugees
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) – http://uscis.gov
- The U.S. immigration service has undergone yet another name and URL change.
Formerly the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), the agency
became the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) after Bush
took office. As of 1 November 2003, it was renamed U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services. Previous URLs will redirect users to the a/m address.
Forced Migration Online (FMO)
Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies
Centre (RSC), University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts
should include attribution to the original sources.