The Disability-Research Discussion List

Managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds

Help for DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Archives

DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH Home

DISABILITY-RESEARCH  July 2002

DISABILITY-RESEARCH July 2002

Re: devision.

Simon Stevens <[log in to unmask]>

Simon Stevens <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:10:50 +0100

I was merely interested in going back to your initial response of that
language was not important. Since you and others are criticizing anyone
who advocates the term disabled people within the social term as
promoting oppressive and condemn the disabled movements requirements as
an often unpaid rarely paid profession which is often abused by other
so-called professions as cheap labour.

What on earth is this stereo-typing? Explain what kind of social model
you teach then and why you think I have a problem with you?

I am discussing generalities. If the hat doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Many Thanks, Simon

--

Simon Stevens

Tel: +44(0)24 7644 8130