ACAD-AE-MED Archives

ACAD-AE-MED@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ACAD-AE-MED Home

ACAD-AE-MED  July 2002

ACAD-AE-MED July 2002

Re: Consultant Contract

Andres Izquierdo Martin <[log in to unmask]>

Accident and Emergency Academic List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:04:09 +0100

Well said, Rowley

Well, well well... the BMA is hinting that if we do not approve this "thing"
the government could ...perhaps ...maybe ... decide to impose it on us.
(four years of dealings with government officials have left a mark in the
BMA spin machine)
I am sorry for asking but, isn't the BMA our TRADE UNION?...........I know,
I know is a silly question, because .. obviously, all this must be a
misunderstanding, I am sure the BMA rep meant that the government could try
to  impose the contract on us.. . but, in that case the BMA would fight it
to the end (...very dramatic, I've been watching GLADIATOR).

Some of the reps. coming to talk to consultants should remember that they
suppose to be on our side. Thinking about it, this could be the first case
of "Stockholm Syndrome" in a negotiating team (I smell a good case report)

Andres I. Martin
A&E Consultant