Help for HERFORUM Archives

HERFORUM Archives

HERFORUM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

HERFORUM Home

HERFORUM  June 2002

HERFORUM June 2002

Re: We are having serious problems with the new Exegesisupgrade...lost data etc etc...is anyone else h

Kev Beachus <[log in to unmask]>

SMRforum is for the circulation of information and general discussion <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:04:10 +0100

Dear Crispin

Whist we are running 6 SMR's  (5 on a regular basis) all were held on a SERVER not on  'one PC' until the upgrades started to give problems. They are now held on a single PC.

Repair and compact had been run, but not across the entire data set

As there are 2 trained administrators on site, both trained by your predecessor on 13/06/01, it would appear that Exegesis have corrupt and or lost files too.....!!! Babtie Group has a full IT department, it is company policy that they  run all upgrades.

As far as I am aware one of the CD's returned to us by Exegisis had an intermittent fault..We still await new working CD's .  Currently I am running 2 SMR's on the upgrade and the balance on the pre upgrade version.....

all the best

Kev

----
This email was sent from an email address under the control of Babtie Group Ltd, a company registered in Scotland, registration number SC141100 and having its registered office at 95 Bothwell Street, Glasgow - known hereafter as the Company.

Privileged/confidential information may be contained in this email. If you have received this email in error, please destroy all copies in your possession or control and notify the sender by reply email. Recipients may not forward, disclose or copy this email to any third party without the prior consent of the Company. The Company does not accept liability for any changes made to this email after it was sent.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Company are neither given nor endorsed by the Company.

The Company monitors email sent to or from email addresses under its control