DC-ENVIRONMENT  February 2002

DC-ENVIRONMENT February 2002

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

SV: Survey on usage of Dublin Core in the environmental domain

Dublin Core Metadata Initiative's Environment Special Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:20:25 +0100

text/plain

Dear Thom Pick,

As we know you are aware of, the Swedish gateway to environmental
information, Swedish EnviroNet,
http://smn.environ.se/miljonat/english/index.htm use the DC metadata
application since 1997. Our members; organizations, institutions,
authorities, universities and NGOs, today more than 130 organizations,
inserts metadata into their webdocuments according to the standards
specified by the EnviroNet.

The Swedish Clearing-House of Biological Diversity,
http://smn.environ.se/cbd/eng/ was launched in may 2001. It is built up and
maintained within the Swedish EnviroNet. The information provided consists
of short texts, keys, combined with links to relevant information on the Web
and preselected searches within the Swedish EnviroNet to information,
statistics, databases. The synergy with Swedish EnviroNet provides
automacally regularly updating as the information at the members sites are
harvested, normally weekly, for all webdocuments including DC metadata,
classified for the EnviroNet. So every week there is a completely new
database. Thanks to the metadata it is possible to build up preselected
searches with exactly the information in need.

Best regards,

Asa Prantare
Swedish EnviroNet
http://smn.environ.se/